Sentinel-2 mosaic of South Georgia
This Sentinel-2 mosaic of South Georgia gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during summer, with a minimum of snow and a maximum of vegetation
This Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Sentinel-2 coverage.
Source data is almost exclusively Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2016 to 2018 with only very few small areas where this has been supplemented by Landsat imagery.
- Visible color mosaic of South Georgia
- 10m base resolution, total size 25000×15000 pixel
- Based primarily on Landsat and Sentinel-2 imagery from 2016-2018, <5 percent from Landsat.
- Ocean color further away from the coast based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 24, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.