Sentinel-2 mosaic of southern Africa
This Sentinel-2 mosaic of southern Africa shows the southmost part of the African continent covering most of South Africa, Lesotho and the southern part of Namibia. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during the southern hemisphere summer, with most source data from a period of December to early April.
This Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Sentinel-2 coverage.
Source data is mostly Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from the 2015/2016 summer season, in small parts supplemented with Landsat 8 data from the same timespan.
- Visible color mosaic of southern Africa
- 10m base resolution, total size 179500×107000 pixel
- Based on Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from the 2015/2016 summer, ~1-2 percent from Landsat 8
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 34, processed using proj4 +etmerc algorithms for improved accuracy far away from the central meridian, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.