Sentinel-2 mosaic of New Zealand
This Sentinel-2 mosaic of New Zealand shows the islands of New Zealand. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area with a minimum of snow and a maximum of vegetation, from Stewart Island in the south to the Northland Peninsula in the north.
This Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Sentinel-2 coverage.
Source data is exclusively Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 to 2017.
In addition to the visual color mosaic there is also a vegetation data set available based on the same Sentinel-2 imagery depicting the maximum amount of vegetation at every point - separated into woody and herbaceous vegetation.
- Visible color mosaic of New Zealand
- 10m base resolution, total size 108000×151000 pixel
- Based on Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 to 2017
- Ocean color further away from the coast based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 58, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.