Sentinel-2 mosaic of Jan Mayen
This Sentinel-2 mosaic of Jan Mayen shows the island of Jan Mayen in the north Atlantic Ocean between Iceland and Svalbard. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during summer, with most source data from August/September.
This Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Sentinel-2 coverage.
Source data is mostly Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from the 2016 summer season, in small parts supplemented with Landsat 8 data from 2013 to 2016.
- Visible color mosaic of Jan Mayen
- 10m base resolution, total size 10000×10000 pixel
- Based on Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from the 2016 summer, ~2-5 percent from Landsat 8
- Ocean color further away from the coast based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 29, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.