Sentinel-2 mosaic of the Falkland Islands
This Sentinel-2 mosaic of the Falkland Islands shows the Falkland Islands in the south Atlantic Ocean. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during the southern hemisphere summer, with most source data from December/January.
This Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Sentinel-2 coverage.
Source data is exclusively Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 to 2018.
In addition to the visual color mosaic there is also a vegetation data set available based on the same Sentinel-2 imagery depicting the maximum amount of vegetation at every point.
- Visible color mosaic of the Falkland Islands
- 10m base resolution, total size 32000×24000 pixel
- Based on Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015-2018
- Ocean color further away from the coast based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 21, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.