Landsat mosaic of Scandinavia
This Landsat mosaic of Scandinavia shows Norway, Sweden, Finland and parts of northwestern Russia, the region commonly known as Fennoscandia as well as areas around the Baltic sea including Estonia, Latvia and Denmark. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears in summer with a minimum of snow and a maximum of vegetation.
This Landsat mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Landsat coverage.
Source data is mostly Landsat 8 imagery from 2013 to 2015 with only few small areas where this has been supplemented by Landsat 7/5 imagery from 2004-2013.
- Visible color mosaic of Fennoscandia and the Baltic Sea
- 15m base resolution, total size 122000×122000 pixel
- Based on Landsat imagery, primarily Landsat 8 from 2013-2015, <0.5 percent from Landsat 7/5 2004-2013
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 34, processed using proj4 +etmerc algorithms for improved accuracy far away from the central meridian, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Landsat mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.