Landsat/Sentinel-2 mosaic of Madeira
This Landsat/Sentinel-2 mosaic of Madeira shows the island of Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean and surrounding smaller islands. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during summer.
This Landsat/Sentinel-2 mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast.
Source data is Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 and 2016 and Landsat-8-data from 2014-2016.
In addition to the visual color mosaic there is also a vegetation data set available based on the same Sentinel-2 and Landsat imagery depicting the maximum amount of vegetation at every point - separated into woody and herbaceous vegetation.
- Visible color mosaic of Madeira
- 10m base resolution, total size 12000×10000 pixel
- Based on Copernicus Sentinel-2 and Landsat 8 imagery from 2014-2016
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 28, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Landsat/Sentinel-2 mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.