Landsat mosaic of Iceland
This Landsat mosaic of Iceland gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears during summer, with most source data from August/September.
This Landsat mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Landsat coverage.
Source data is almost exclusively Landsat 8 imagery from 2013 to 2016 and Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 and 2016 with only very few small areas where this has been supplemented by Landsat 7 imagery from 2006-2013.
- Visible color mosaic of Iceland
- 15m base resolution, total size 36000x26000 pixel
- Based primarily on Landsat and Sentinel-2 imagery from 2013-2016, <1 percent from Landsat 7 2006-2013
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 27, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Landsat mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.