Landsat mosaic of the Faroe Islands
This Landsat mosaic of the Faroe Islands gives an up-to-date visual color impression of the Faroe Islands - an archipelago between Iceland and Norway in the north Atlantic Ocean. For this I processed and assembled Landsat- and Sentinel-2 images for the area.
This Landsat mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere. Selection of source data is targeting a late summer time frame with priority on July to September.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Landsat coverage.
Source data is Landsat 8 imagery from 2013 to 2016 and Copernicus Sentinel-2 imagery from 2015 and 2016.
- Visible color mosaic of the Faroe Islands
- 15m base resolution, total size 15000x15000 pixel
- Based on Landsat and Sentinel-2 imagery from 2013-2016
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 29, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Landsat mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.